Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Recycling

I have to admit, I love recycling. I'm dying to take the refashion pledge. The one that says that I will not buy any manufactured items of clothing for at least 2 months. Um, I also have to admit that it has been more than 6 months since I have bought any new clothes for any one of us except Michael. This too is another thing I'll have to wait to do until the basement is finished. My sewing machine has be delegated to the attic until then.
Recycling clothes is not new to me. When I was in high school my nieces lived with us. One of my nieces just last year said that she loved waking up to find a "new" outfit at the foot of the bed for them. She said it was one of her favorite memories.
I love recycling furniture too. My mom used to take me to estate, and garage sales all the time. I would love to go to an estate sale. I haven't been to one in years.
Now I have to admit, I love, love - I mean I LOVE finding things in the garbage. I get such a kick out of a great find. Of course, it that time a year again when everyone is doing spring cleaning. I also have to remember that I am very short on space and have nowhere to work on any projects.
I just started a list - in search of.. These are things I'm hoping to find curbside, recycle or make.

No comments:

Post a Comment