Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I don't know if this is funny or disturbing

We went out in the backyard this morning and the kids found a squirrel floating in the kiddy pool. When I pulled the plug to empty the water, Nicole ran inside. I thought maybe she was afraid of seeing a dead animal. What she did was run in to get Ed’s survival book. Now I thought OK she’s going to look up first aid and want to save the darn thing. What she was really looking up was how to gut, skin and cook a squirrel! um… OK Seriously she wanted to cook it!!!!! She freaked out when I threw it in the garbage. It took a few minutes to calm her down after I explained that he would be the happiest in our garbage can, because that is where he practically lived anyway. So what I finally got out of her was she didn’t want to eat it, she wanted to cook it and send it to someone who didn’t have any food.
I’m guessing she caught me mumbling to the squirrel one day after chasing him out of the garbage can and cleaning up mess he left that it was OK I was just fattening him up to make dinner out of him!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment