Sunday, August 8, 2010

Chore chart

The kids are loving their new chore chart.  As soon as I put them up they ran around the house to try to do all their chores.  I'm hoping they will still be excited about do them in a few weeks.  They have yet to complete a full days worth of chores.  Yeah for me!  One of their chores is to get to bed on time.  This seems to be the one they have the hardest time accomplishing since they have never had a set bedtime before.   I have yet to make the KOCH CASH they will earn for completing them.  I got a couple packets of magnets from the dollar store and printed out pictures of tasks they have to do.  Things like brushing their teeth, getting dressed and making the bed. You know things they should do everyday.  This is just a visual to help remind them of what the have to do.  I want to make special ones for sweeping, vacuuming, helping with the laundry.  I have to figure out what the KOCH CASH will equal.  What is appropriate for five year olds?  I'm thinking 1 KOCH CASH will equal $1.  If they complete a full day they get a smiley face.  If they complete a special chore like vacuuming they will get a smiley face.  Then they will get 1 KOCH CASH for each smiley face.  Well that's the idea.  I hope it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment