Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Today I taught my children how to slide down a banister.  It just happened to be the same banister that I slide down when I was their age.

Last week I had to make a trip to the post office.  I thought to myself that I should go to the place right next to the house that I grew up in.  That way I can take a look at my old house.  Its been along time since I've even driven past it.  Then I started wondering if someone would call the cops on me if I took a walk around the property.  I wanted to see if the roses my father planted were still there.  How are the steps my father and I build to go into the back door are still holding up.  I put a time capsule in that concrete.  I wonder what the note I wrote in it says?
I have to say that when my parents sold the house that I grew up in I never I mean never thought I would step foot into it again.  Imagine my surprise when my husband asks me a few days later if I would like to take a look at my old house.  He got a call to do an estimate on painting the interior.  Let me tell you I had goose bumps.  It was so freakin weird! 

So today I got to teach my kids how to slide down the same banister I slide down when I was a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment