Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Playing Dirty


I have to admit it took me a little while to learn how to let my kids make a mess. I spend a lot of time trying to keep our house clean. And I really, really hate to clean, because it seems like all I do. It really was a struggle to let them have messy play. I realized that they have more fun with corn meal than they do playing with their toys. They can sit a play quietly and I can get some laundry folded. I have also learned that messy play must me timed right to keep mommy happy. Something like playing with corn meal is perfect to do when they still have their PJ's on. And painting (we still paint with foods) is best done right before bath time.
We found these great two piece puzzles for them with simple words and animals. I was surprised to learn that Nicole really knows her animals. She know things like penguins,camels lizards. I don't know where she learned them. I've only gone over pets and farm animals with them. She also did really well at match the two pieces together.

No comments:

Post a Comment