Monday, July 23, 2007

What we are working on now






We have been working on fine motor skills. The kids just love picking thing up with the tongs. They seem to be a little large for them at times. Cole grabs the tongs when its clean up time and she picks up the toys on the floor with them. Is this learning or a delay tactic??
We have also been learning to use scissors. We started using the scissors to cut play-doh and moved onto paper. They just love to be destructive. Moe gets a little impatient at times and just goes right to ripping the paper.
I have also been trying to get them to sort different objects. I started with the counting animals. I was trying to get them to separate the animals into cups. Not interested! Cole only wants to play with the horses and Moe is still into the dumping stage. I moved onto the letters trying to get them to sort them into colors. Still not interested!
They are getting better at recognizing letters now. I love it when we are at the store and they shout out the letters. S -S- Sssssss- Snake. Makes me so proud.
I have to get back to reading more to them. Since we have been out and about and having some wonderful summer fun, I've been a little lax on the reading. In fact I don't think I've read to them in a couple of weeks. Bad Mommy!
BTW: Don't you just love when you put something away so
1) you won't loose it.
2) the kids don't get to it
and by the time you finally found it, it's to late?
I put the information that I need for the fair's photos contest up. I searched all morning and finally found it around three and photos had to be in by noon today. Oh, well there is always next year right! -- I think I've been saying that for the last four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment