Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Even more of our Ocean/ Beach theme

This is just a quick list of some of the things we did today.
We played memory while mommy made breakfast.
After reading What's in a shell, we counted shells and sorted them by sizes. We even remembered a few of their names. Then we moved onto a simple boat. Of course we had to see if it really floats and tested out in the fish tank. Poor fish!The kids each got a basket and had to pick out ten things to see if they would sink and float. I wrote them all down and they took turns checking them off on our chart. In the end I had them count again how many sank and how many didn't. It was a tie.
Then they got to play in the water for awhile. Once Cole climbed in I knew it was time to call it quits. After they got cleaned up they moved on to some more crafts. This one was making jellyfish.
Then we made some magnets from our trip to the beach for Aunt Nancy.We also made some jello jigglers and the kids cut out some with fish cookie cutters. The only thing left on my list is a coloring book I have to print out for them - whats in the sea with some practice writing. I tried to get them to practice writing in sand. That didn't go over very well. I'll give it a try again later in the week.
Next week I would like to move onto a Zoo theme because we have a trip planned to the Zoo next week.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment