Friday, July 16, 2010

Visiting My Mom and Dads

Yesterday was our first full day here.  I still don't think we adjusted to the time change and traveling.  Michael slept most of the day yesterday.  He has not been feeling well.  My poor baby.  The kids behaved on the plane.  Thanks mostly to the DVD player. 
We are having a nice time here.  We just wish it wasn't so hot.  It's been in the 100's for 42 days now.  Yesterday it was 114.  It was even too hot for Dad who loves the heat.  I helped him take the nets down off the grape vines yesterday and we picked some grapes.  I think we are making grape jelly today.  The rest of the grapes are already turning into raisins.  The kids like the orange and lemon trees.   Of course it the wrong time for them.  They are still green.  It didn't stop Nicole from wanting to make fresh lemonade.  I think we are going to get a dwarf lemon tree in our house that we can roll outside in the summer.  May be even a small orange tree will be nice. 
I think it's been about four maybe even five years since I've seen my Dad.  I have to say I'm surprise with how he is doing.  I know he is not well and he has stopped walking but he looks really good.  I'm glad that I finally made it out to see him. 
I have to go plug in the lap top and make me some coffee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment