Thursday, August 9, 2012

Ranting

Who gets excited about doing laundry.  I do.  I am hoping that I actually get to wash some tonight.  I have been without a washing machine for about two weeks now.  We have be looking for the part for our machine and we just couldn't get it in the US without buying half the machine. Ed had tried to get just the piece we need but for some reason you have to buy the whole drum with it.  We finally tracked down just the part we need in Canada.  I paid extra for faster shipping and when I got the package I was so excited but they only sent us part of what we ordered.  I called and they were very nice and agreed to send the other piece out right away.  Then when Ed got home he opened it up and it was the wrong size.  So a little delay but everything should work out. 
I am so glad that Ed is able to do the repairs for us.  I can't imagine what we would have to do if we had to pay someone to fix things around the house.  Seriously it was cheaper to buy a new washing machine than buy the parts from Sears even with Ed doing the work. 
At the same time the washer went the radiator blew on the car.  I was without a car for about a week but at least Ed was able to fix that as well.  I don't know what I would do without him.
It's about 10:30 and I have to wake up the kids.  Michael started bothering us about 1 in the morning asking if it was almost morning.  He continued to ask every half hour or so if it was almost morning, apparently he wanted to watch the sun rise.  He finally fell asleep about 5:30 this morning and missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment