Monday, August 6, 2012

Summer Vacation

I love being able to spend the summer with my kids.  It is so hard with our money being very tight this time of year but I wouldn't change it for the world.  If I could I would spend more time with my kids.  Right now I only work early mornings while the kids are still asleep and weekends.  So I am missing out on a few family days but it's nice that Ed has to spend some time with the kids.  He loves it as well but knowing him he would end up working all weekend if I was home. 
We have been spending at least one day a week at the beach with friends. Yesterday Michael would not stop yelling I love the ocean every time he jumped in the water.  When I finally go and vacuum the car I am sure we could fill a sand box for the kids.  I finally fixed our waterproof camera yesterday after we got home from the beach.  So I'm hoping that we go back again and get some great pictures.  There is only like two weeks left before the kids go back to school.  :(  So sad!!
We only have two weeks left to the Carnegie Summer Camp at the library.  Mrs M puts on a great program for the kids.  She actually writes a new play every week for the kids to act out.  This is the third year that the kids have been doing it.  At the end of the season she has visitors come to the library.  The first year they had penguins.  Last year they had birds of prey.  This year they are having Insectropolis bring out some of their bugs.  They kids get to pet a hissing cockroach, a scorpion, a tarantula and a few other creepy things.
We have also done some weekend camping and have one more camping trip coming up.  Although we haven't gone away on vacation we have kept busy this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment