Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Helping Daddy

The kids just love getting rides on the tracker. Moe, Cole and I helped (If you can call what we do help) Ed back fill down the side of the house. What we really did was get nice and dirty. That in itself is so tiring. Here they are taking a little break.

Let me tell you- I am so excited about this dirt.(simple things like this make me happy) Even though the picture is dark, you can tell how gorgeous that stuff is. We had this clay crap before that was like a rock. I couldn't plant anything in it. We haven't had very good luck getting decent soil delivered either. Twice they delivered the same stuff that we-I mean Ed, spent two years hauling out of there. We got this dirt from a friends house. Good news is its free. Bad news it takes time to get it here. Time, Ed is short on.

After the house is sided in a clay color (ha ha) I'm picturing- green grass, a beautiful lilac bush, some pink climbing roses, and maybe some ornamental grass in there. Oh, the colors! I'm getting so excited. It's like planning the colors for a painting. My little bug lover was busy picking up any insect she could find. She found this dead butterfly. Look at that sad cookie covered face. I was trying to convince my little explorer to come inside.

"Let's go inside, Mommy's getting eaten by mosquitoes."

"No eat ski-toes, Mommy" she exclaimed horrified.

"Mommy's not eating the mosquitoes Honey. They are eating me." I said.

"NO EAT ski-toes, Mommmmeeee! FROGGGGEEEEE EATS ski-toes!"

hehe- God I love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment