Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Three o'clock and stillin PJ's

Well it's three o'clock and we are still in our pj's. Normally that would be a good thing.

This is how are day went so far. We started the day with Sesame Street. By the time that ended I had already changed five dirty diapers, and I spent a very frustrating half hour praying for my computer to work. It's raining so of course it won't work. It never works when it's raining. Two aspirin and a cup of coffee later, I surrender to the pleading to paint the wooden toys we bought at the dollar store yesterday. One painted dump truck, an airplane, a front end loader, one train, one light switch, two faces, four hands, four chairs and the dog. At this point I'm wondering if it's too early to take two more aspirin. I very sneakily redirect their attention to making play-doh monsters. Shortly a fight breaks out over the Mr Potato Head pieces. Michael insisted his monster needs all four arms and both sets of eyes. Truly a great looking monster, but mommy feels the need to reacquaint him to sharing. Yeah right! He throws a fit and play-doh goes flying everywhere.

After a game of catch me, we moved back to mommy and daddy's bed to snuggle in the pillows, read some books. Or so I tought. Nicole was very happy to sit and look through her books, but the running and chasing through the house was just Michaels idea of getting started. I really wish this rain would let up. Michael needs to get outside and run and explore. Ah, eveything is quite. So I make a quick trip downstairs to switch laundry and the dryer is not drying. What the hell lets put it on again and see if it works this time. I hear crying- run back up stairs. Michael desided the rather have a pillow fight then read. Nicole was a NON-willing participant, but I just love a good pillow fight. So what if my head is still pounding.

Maybe I should just give up on that second set of aspirin and go right for the martini. Um it's only nine in the morning. I'd better wait a little while longer. So, I head to the magic cabinet to see what we can find. Michael pulls out the balloons Aunt Rachel gave them for their birthday. Out of 24 balloons we finally got two hats, two dogs, two throbbing hands and a full blown migraine.

While the kids are "walking" their dogs - seriously they put the broken balloons on like a leash and are draggin them around the house. I', trying to get some dishes washed when Nicole comes running in with a diaper piched in her fingers yelling "Moe PU!, Moe PU!, Moe PU!, " I know what that means the hunt is on...

OK now I have a choice. Do I -

A) Quickly scout out where this PU has fallen before one of them or the dog walks in it?

B) Find Michael (because he always hides when he takes off his diaper) and race to get a diaper back on that little bottem of his?

What ever I choose it's always the wrong one! I went with A the scout and clean mission. OK I hussled through that grabbed a diaper and off again. As I enter the living room and glanced up. Michael is stand butt naked in the bay window peeing. I should have picked the Martini !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment