Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Well Duh




OK, I had a rather - well duh -moment yesterday. I love magazines. I have tons of magazines, I have been collecting. You know there is this great article I want to save in this one, and Oh that picture -it is the exact color I want for the walls in my kitchen. I used to rip them out and put them in a scrapbook. That only worked for the home decor type of pictures. Now I have recipes, photography books and gardening information. It really keeps adding up. So anyway yesterday I was photographing the kids artwork when it clicked. I don't hold on to all the kids work. Why should I hold on to my magazines? Yesterday I sat down with my camera and my stack of magazines and photographed all the things I was saving them for. Then I went to my computer and created a bunch of folders to put the pictures in. I now have all my info saved in their proper folders. It's so much easier to look in the craft folder for the craft I wanted to do with the kids than to search through the magazines. I would always forget which one it was anyway. So that was my well DUH moment.

post signature

3 comments:

  1. LOL, I have been trying to not "save" all the magazines too...it is a weakness of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!!! I love those DUH moments. LOL

    ReplyDelete