Thursday, July 24, 2008

Potty training is going to kill me

or at least drive me insane.... I don't know what I am going to do. I've tried everything and I mean everything to get these guys potty trained.

Here is my problem -they will go on the potty if I put them on, or If they are naked they will tell me they have to go. Cole has even gone on by herself. As soon as I put underwear on them they go in them. Seriously they have been running around naked for over a week now. A week!! I should be able to put something on them by now. They don't care if they are wet. It doesn't bother them. I'm starting to get stressed! I know- Everybody tells me it's no big deal if they are still in diapers. They are almost 3 1/2- almost. I really want to get them out of diapers before Ed puts out new floor down.

post signature

3 comments:

  1. I so feel for you. Gabe was over 4 almost 5 before he finally got potty trained. He did not mind being wet either. His was more of an issue that he did not feel the wetness. He did tell us sometimes that he needed to go. I actually did some research and found that sometimes the muscles in the kids stomachs are not strong enough for them to feel the need to go. They recommend that the kids do a lot of jumping activities to help strengthen them. It did end up helping Gabe. We got a kid size trampoline and one of those bouncing animals for him to sit on. I hope this info helps because I understand how frustrating it can be. If you need any other help on it let me know. I will try my best to help. Alright enough for my rambling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zachary could not feel the tingly sensation. It would be too late. The wetness would not bother him as well. I kept at it until he finally would stay dry. Umm way more than a week LOL. ugh it was so frustrating. I took a break because I was kinda done with the accidents and then we'd try back up again. Good luck. They will get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it's getting better for you!
    How is your hand?

    ReplyDelete