Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Geocaching in Hartshorne Woods

After working on our house we took a break on Sunday and headed to Hartshorne Woods Park. Such a beautiful park. We completed 5 out of the 6 caches we set out to do. Not bad. Aunt Nancy, Uncle Ray and the boys joined us. I was very surprised that the little ones lasted as long as they did. I think we spent at least 2 1/2 -3 hours hiking with just a few small stops. I had taken my nephews camera with me, but of course I forgot to check to see if the battery was charged. That left me with just my camera phone. Uncle Ray videoed us climbing down this really steep trail down to the water. I couldn't wait to see what a bunch of goofball we looked like. I went to download the pictures and video he took and the disk was no good. Ugh! So you'll just have to trust me the views are just amazing. We'll have to go back again to make that last cache and take some pictures.

I should note that we have been to the park before (The other side). The last time we got so lost. This time I printed out my own map for the park with the trails so we would know the way out.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment