Friday, February 12, 2010

Phenology

I never believed it when they said Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow and claimed six more weeks of winter. I rebelled and started some of my seeds indoors. Even though we have almost three feet of snow on the ground and spent over 5 hours yesterday shoveling snow, I believe spring will be here soon.   I can dream right?


Let me tell you I was so excited to see several Robins playing around our bird feeder. I've been eagerly waiting for their arrival.

I want to teach the kids more about Phenology. We are now watching for the crocuses and then the daffodils to bloom so we can plant our peas. It gives the kids something to look for kind of like a treasure hunt. We will have to do our searching at neighbors houses because the squirrels have eaten all our bulbs. I only remember a few things from gardening with my Dad and I’m not having much luck finding a list online for vegetable gardening.   So I'm off searching the web and watching for more Robins.

No comments:

Post a Comment