Thursday, February 18, 2010

Raising a frugal daughter

My daughter makes me laugh she really does.  We have a very large recycling collection.   I am not allowed to put them out for pick up if my daughter is around.  The way she looks at it they can alway be made into something else.  I guess it's my fault.  I started saving paper towel rolls and tp rolls for crafts.  She actually cried when I put an apple juce container in the recycling bin.  She wanted to use it as a planter.  Her new kick is the flyers that fall out of the magazines.  She will not allow me to throw them out or burn them.  I take great pleasure in burning our junk mail. I like to add the ashes into the compost pile.    By the way it's time to add wood ash around the lilacs bushes.
I figure after it warms up a bit outside I'll show her how to make paper.  I can't think of anything else to do with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment