Sunday, September 9, 2007

still working on the house

I can't believe how much we have gotten done on our house. Ed has had a small reprieve from his crazy work schedule. That and the fact it hasn't rained in a few weeks, made it possible to get a lot done. (We also had a lot of help from Ed's brother Ray, Ken and our friend Mike.)
It's hard enough moving clay soil - when it's wet -forget about it. Of course it's due to rain in the next day or two. This morning we filled and capped part of the foundation, so we can set the house back down on it as soon as it sets.
Our next step is the kitchen addition, I believe. At least I hope so, because all the kitchen cabinets are stacked up in our living room. The kids playroom is now in our bedroom. I still don't have a stove. Um yeah it's been 77 days now with out a oven. I'm about ready to go frickin...... you get the picture. I tried making brownies in the microwave a couple weeks ago. Yuck! You just can't bake in a microwave. It's just NOT possible!!
Since it's the end of the season, maybe I'll go out and get a grill. Ours will not light. Of course it's been sitting on the side of the shed for 5 years. I wouldn't light either. I didn't want to purchase a new one until every thing was at least back filled. Now I'm starting to get desperate. I'm so tired of cooking in a crock pot and electric skillet.

No comments:

Post a Comment