Friday, December 21, 2007

the making of a new bathroom



I'm so behind on everything.
Here is a quick update on what has been going on.
Removing the walls in the kids bedroom. The first wall to go down was the one between the bedroom and the kitchen.

Removing the carpet and tacking strip. Cole is a pro at this. She had a lot of practice at Grandma Janes. Moe sleeping through the construction.
Seriously, Ed was sawing 15 feet from the bed and he didn't even flinch.

She loves to copy what her daddy is doing. Here they are putting up the new walls.


It's starting to look like a bathroom. That's the super duper extra large handicapped shower, for my sister and a large closet.

This is our new pantry and the doorway to the new bathroom. As you can see I was so excited I didn't wait for the pantry to be painted before I started moving the food into it. Hell, I didn't even wait for the last shelf to be put in. Not even the trim and the doors. Really I had no choice the tiny closet we had in the hallway was next on the demo list.


Laying the new tile.

The new toilet with a little lesson on plumbing.

Removing the chimney. See those blocks there. They weigh a frickin ton. Ed says they are only 60 lbs. My a**. My kids are 35 lbs each. I can pick them both up with bairly a struggle. I had a tough time with these. Could be because I had to carry them down the stairs from the attic too. This picture is of Ed struggling to remove the flue from inside the block. He's in the basement and I'm in the hallway closet upstairs.


Now my hallway closet has a hole down to the basement. The chimney is gone. Well not really gone it's on my front lawn. I think I'll hang some holiday lights on the pile.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment