Saturday, December 8, 2007

Why my son may never eat cookies again

"Mama bird."
"Mama bird is coming out."
Oh, great not another bird in the house. I thought we plugged all the holes. Though our house is like swiss cheese at the moment there are holes everywhere. Now they are both screaming "Mama birds coming out." So, I look around to see what they are screaming at. Nicole standing on a chair at the counter. Oh, it's OK it's just the egg I set out in a bowl to make cookies. Nicole cracked it open. "Mama bird." they both scream jumping up and down.

Why I did this I don't know. It could be, because I'm all about the facts. So, I go into the whole story about this being an egg from a hen. The mommy hen lays the eggs.... You know the story.
Anyway we get busy making cookies with each of the kids are back to fighting over whose going to do what.

You know sometimes there is nothing better than nice warm chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven. I give each of them a cookie. In which Cole quickly devourers hers and Moe's is still sitting in front of him. He looks at me and then back at the cookie. Very quietly he whispers "baby bird" and runs away.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment