Monday, June 25, 2007

Author Eric Carle's Birthday

I have so many post saved that I started to write but stopped to chase the babies around. I'm hoping to catch up and finish them in the next day or two. I've been saving tissue paper. Wrinkled, ripped is doesn't matter. I just love the colors. I just knew I would find a craft for them. I let the little ones rip up some of the paper. This made a big mess, but they loved it. I also made some magnets to go with two of his books. They had such a blast. I sat in the middle of the kitchen floor with the book. As I called an animal I told them to take the animal from the dishwasher to the frig. They had so much fun running back and forth. Thank heavens the books are short because I think I read them at least five times each.
For a craft I'm planning on gluing the colored tissue to make ?? Whatever they want to make. Mommy is going to try to make an animal. I'll post picture after we attempt this.

No comments:

Post a Comment