Sunday, January 25, 2009

Week of Jan 18 - and what a week it was

Our week started off in the hospital and end back at the hospital. I haven't had a check up in a few years. Ed had to go to the doctors so we made an appointment for the same time. Then off for blood work. Ed was sent for a chest xray, EKG and an echo cardiogram. We are all fine. A few little tweaks here and there and we will be as good as new.

Since it's been cold the work on the addition we are doing has been going slow. It's going -but slow. We had hoped to be framing by now but at least it's moving forward.

On our house we are close to calling for our next inspection. This one is a big one. We need to install outlets in the bedroom and the smoke detectors. Then we have to disassemble the kitchen and bathroom. We invited ourselves over to Ray and Nancy's for a few days. I can live without a kitchen sink. I can live without a stove. There is no way I am living without a sink, stove, shower and toilet. This is where Ed says "Your such a Princess!"

We also got a call on our car. After the shop inspected the car they found the rear axle is bent. We are back to waiting for the insurance company to see what happens next.

So anyway yesterday we ended back in the hospital. Ed sprained his ankle and is on crutches. I think he did it on purpose just because he needed a rest. He is currently parked on the couch with his foot up. Every once in awhile I hear him call me to get him something. I think we may just be out of eggs, milk or something equally important and I have to go to the store...... for a couple of hours.

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Hope Ed feels better, your car gets fixed to your satisfaction, the house passes, and you get out for an enjoyable hour or two of "egg shopping".;-)
    I have eggs if you need to come up
    and "borrow" some.lol
    I'll put fresh coffee on.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. put the coffee on Kate I'm on my way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Pattey, I am sorry to hear about Ed. Oh how I hate when I am out of important things. Here it milk. Milk is a MUST at our house for my little milk drinker. yes, kate put that coffee on, I'm on my way as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to meet you today! I do hope your hubby feels better soon. I totally agree about the bathroom. We went camping in a tent once and I said I wasn't going to do it again without a porta-potty!

    ReplyDelete