Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cooling Off

Seriously what do you do when it so frickin hot out and you have no AC. I tried to stay at the library but we had to leave when Moe started throwing a major temper tantrum. Another day we spent all day at the mall. My first time there in over six months and it's pretty much within walking distance. I really hate that place now!
According to weather.com it felt like 102. Let me tell you it felt hotter that that. I think we had ice cream for lunch for 4 days straight. I'm such a bad mommy!
I love the looks on their faces. It would be a cute picture if it wasn't for the dumpster and the construction debris in the background. I finally broke down and bought a kiddie pool. The only reason it took me so long was we really didn't have a safe place to put it.

So I was enjoying myself taking a break from the construction and watching the kids play, when I got this picture and more pictures just like it. Oh crap, crap crap!!!! So after research the computer to find what the heck happend, I found out that my sub mirror was stuck. Once I unstuck the mirror a plastic pin inside broke as well as the auto focus feature. I also found out that it a common thing on the Canon Rebel. and cost around $200 to fix. At this point I've put too much money into my camera for what it's worth. So I have a choice to not take picture until I can save up enough cash to buy a new camera, or try and fix it myself.
This is what I see in my future as well as a few more tears.

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for finally writing that long awaited follow-up! I love those pics of the kids. Awesome progress guys! You don't need no stinkin' Easy Button!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS! Except maybe for your camera. My condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHH that stinks. I hate buying unexpected not in the budget very much needed things. I hope you get a deal on a new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the whole camera thing, and e-mail me if you get too hot again, we only have a window unit, but it is better than nothing.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again. As soon as I slow down a little I going to turn into McGiver and attempt to fix my camera with a paperclip of all things.
    Thanks Kate I'm so glad its finally cooled down a bit here. Who knows I just may take you up on that offer.

    ReplyDelete